Want to know more about the types of alternative medicine available to treat aches and pains? Here acupuncture needles are being used to treat nasal congestion. Alternative medicine can treat simple aliments like congestion to chronic pain of unknown etiology.
I am a person who is interested in alternative treatments and Eastern medicine. I have used a few of them and have liked the results.
please check with your licensed health care professional before you receive any form of alternative health care treatments.
There are apps to learn about the different types of alternative medicine and its therapies such as acupuncture, acupressure, massage, and reflexology. The more informative apps in the medical field need to be paid.
I have been dealing with a family member with chronic pain. It is stressful and disheartening, when conventional medicine cannot stop the pain.
We have been traveling from doctor to doctor, treatment to treatment. Pain reducing drugs and injections have not totally removed the pain. So the challenge to find alternative medicine or treatments to use along with conventional medicine became my goal.
Because of interest and meeting alternative medicine doctors, I have received many types of alternative treatments. Each of these treatments, have left me in just a relaxed state of mind that I have learned to pay the doctor before the treatments. I can’t even fill out a blank check and give it to the doctor or therapist without may stops and long inhales and exhales. Good luck learning about the types of alternative medicine.
Massage - The Art of Healing
3.5 STARS out of 5
This app is presented in flash card form with more than 50 tips and techniques. This type of alternative medicine: Massage is practiced in all cultures and regions of the world. It is the systematic placing of the hands on a body while applying varied techniques (pressure, rubbing, tapping, heated stones etc.) to treat the body and the person to relieve their ailments and stresses. Massage is one of the least invasive of all medical therapies. It is considered to be one of the oldest treatments used by mankind.
PAID Version: Android
Always be careful when massaging. You don't want to hurt them. If they are in serious pain. They need to go see a trained masseur or masseuse.
Manual of Acupuncture
By The Journal of Chinese Medicine
4.5 STARS out of 5
If I can find a great app to help create more acupuncturist, I’ll keep working. I am not an acupuncturist. I receive acupuncture. Of all the types of alternative medicine this one seems the scariest. “Poke a needle in ME? Are you crazy?” That said, I now receive a treatment once a month. Here are the points from the Manual of Acupuncture.
A Manual of Acupuncture is the foremost points textbook in the Western world. This iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad application contains the same content as the Manual of Acupuncture Point Card Set plus additional features:
- Every channel and extra point from A Manual of Acupuncture textbook
- English and Chinese point names, point category, location and location notes, illustration, needling instructions, cautions, actions and clinical application
- Videos with commentary showing how to locate and needle the point
- Illustrations for all primary, luo-connecting, divergent and sinew channels and the eight extraordinary vessels
- Indications index
- Add your own notes
- Self-testing module (points are flaggable for further study or for self-testing)
- Reference pages include cun measurements, location & needing guidelines, glossary of terms
TCM Clinic Aid
By Cyber and Sons
4.5 STARS out of 5
If you study acupuncture and this app helps you, I am glad. We need more acupuncturist to be part of the different types of alternative medicines along with conventional medicine.
TCM Clinic Aid is a reference guide for practitioners and students of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Acupuncturist and Herbalist). It should not be used to diagnose ailments or diseases. Diagnosis should be done by a licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist.
Search our relational database for:
1. Acupuncture and Auricular points,
- Includes images of Acupuncture points.
- Includes Chinese characters and pinyin with tonemarks for all Acupuncture points.
- Includes images of Auricular points.
2. Individual Herbs and Herbal Formulas,
- Includes images of individual herbs.
- Includes Chinese characters and pinyin with tonemarks for all Herbs and Herbal Formulas.
3. Diagnosis Etiologies,
4. Search by symptoms and indications.
5. You can also search for a specific diagnosis, formulas, herbs, and points using the following:
a. Diagnosis etiologies searched by pathology name, i.e., 'Liver Yang Rising', suggested points, or suggested formulas,
b. Formula names searched by pinyin, english name, ingredients, western uses (western ailments it can treat),
c. Herb names searched by pinyin, english or botanical (latin),
d. Points searched by common name, i.e., 'LI4'.
Browse or "drill down" through 1600+ points, herbs, formulas and diagnosis etiology.
User modification/editing of auricular, diagnosis, herbs, formulas and points.
The following components are also included:
1. Master Tung Points.
2. Wrist/Ankle Acupuncture.
3. Quiz Yourself.
4. Pulse Diagnosis.